Virginia’s Data Center Campus & CyrusOne National IX Platform
This Northern Virginia data center is an enterprise-class facility located in Sterling,
Virginia. With direct access to one of the largest Internet Exchange points in the
U.S., superior fiber connectivity makes this data center ideal for colocation of high
performance computing, for which CyrusOne is known. It’s conveniently located near
dozens of hotels, restaurants and other amenities and only ten minutes from Dulles
International Airport and 30 minutes from Ronald Reagan Washington Airport.
Sterling Campus – Highlights
- 420,000 sq. ft. campus at full build
- Planned – SOC 1 type 2 and SOC 2 type 2, PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA
- CyrusOne Facilities are designed to meet TIA-942 requirements for electrical and mechanical.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable, supports 200 watts/sf with the ability to support over 1,000 watts/sf.
- Efficient, divisible floor plates
- Carrier-neutral facility
- 100% Uptime service level agreement on power
- 24×7 staffed NOCC and remote hands support
- Dedicated cages and private suite options available.
- Up to 30 MW of total capacity
- 30 MW of critical power at N and 22.5 MW at distributed redundant
- Multiple levels of redundancy available within the same footprint (i.e. N, Distributed Redundant, 2N, or a combination)
- Dual-Input PDUs with Static Transfer Switches (STS’s)
- 85.5MW dedicated diesel generators
- 6,800-gallon belly tanks for each generator (supports critical load for 48-hours) with diverse refueling agreements
- 36-inch raised floor design
- Utilizing Stulz 200-ton CRAH units with electronically commutated (EC) variable-speed fans
- Highly-efficient 500-ton Trane chillers with rapid restart and adaptive controlled microprocessors
- Ability to scale as density increases in an N+1 central plant design and an N+2 air-side design.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system, sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zoned dual-action, interlocking dry-pipe sprinkler system
- Conveniently located near dozens of hotels, restaurants and other amenities
- Ten minutes from Dulles International Airport and 30 minutes from Ronald Reagan Washington Airport
Combined Building Description
A full perimeter-fence surrounds the site, which is secured by up to seven layers of physical security and features benefits that include:
- 24/7 year-round onsite data center security guards
- Video surveillance and recording of exteriors and interiors
- Biometric and key card security for strict access control
- Turn style and other secure doors to prevent tail gating
- Reinforced physical infrastructure that can include concrete bollards, steel-lined walls, and bullet resistant glass
- Dedicated data halls, suites and cages to minimize traffic
Massively Modular® Engineering
CyrusOne’s Massively Modular data center engineering I specifically designed to achieve optimal flexibility for even the largest scale deployment and build out.
CyrusOne can build out new data halls in just 12-16 weeks through aggressive sourcing and just-in-time focus to meet customer demand.
The Massively Modular model frees customers from being confined by time, space, and/or flexibility constraints often found in other data center providers.
The Nation’s First National Internet Exchange
With CyrusOne’s Nastional IX, customers can configure a virtual on-net platform from a multitude of carriers and providers, allowing optimal flexibility and interconnection with anyone at any connected facility and to the cloud.
As part of CyrusOne’s National IX platform, this Phoenix data center provides interconnection to other CyrusOne data centers.
Shop Data Center Space
†CyrusOne and Massively Modular are trademarks registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.