High Demand for More Data Center Space
This Northern Virginia data center is an enterprise-class 132,000 square-foot facility located in Sterling, Virginia. With direct access to one of the largest Internet Exchange points in the U.S., superior fiber connectivity makes this data center ideal for colocation of high performance computing, for which CyrusOne is known.
CyrusOne customers and partners enjoy peace of mind, knowing their critical information systems are secure and protected, with virtually zero threat of unauthorized access. A full perimeter-fence surrounds the site, which is secured by up to seven layers of physical security and features benefits that include:
- 24/7 Year-round onsite data center security guards
- Video surveillance and recording of exteriors and interiors
- Biometric and key card security for strict access control
- Turn style and other secure doors to prevent tail gating
- Reinforced physical infrastructure that can include concrete bollards, steel-lined walls, and bullet resistant glass
- Dedicated data halls, suites and cages to minimize traffic
Sterling I – Highlights
- 420,000 sq. ft. campus at full build / 132,000 sq. ft. Phase 1
- Planned – SSAE 16 (SOC I type II), PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA
- CyrusOne Facilities are designed to meet TIA-942 requirements for electrical and mechanical.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable, supports 200 watts/sf with the ability to support over 1,000 watts/sf.
- Efficient, divisible floor plates
- Carrier-neutral facility
- 100% Uptime service level agreement on power
- 24×7 staffed NOCC and remote hands support
- Dedicated cages and private suite options available.
- Up to 48MW of critical capacity
- Multiple levels of redundancy available within the same footprint (i.e. N, Distributed Redundant, 2N, or a combination)
- Dual-Input PDUs with Static Transfer Switches (STS’s)
- 2.25MW dedicated diesel generators
- 6,000-gallon belly tanks for each generator (supports critical load for 48-hours) with diverse refueling agreements.
- 36-inch raised floor design
- Utilizing Stulz 200-ton CRAH units with electronically communicated (EC) variable-speed fans
- Highly-efficient 500-ton Trane chillers with rapid restart and adaptive controlled microprocessors
- Ability to scale as density increases in an N+1 central plant design and an N+2 air-side design.
- Reinforced physical structure including perimeter fence with sliding entry and exit gates
- Secure entry with man traps and security monitoring area comprised of steel-lined walls for
security, and bullet resistant glass
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior
- On-site security guards 24 hours per day, 365 days per year
- Man traps, biometric and key card (color-coded) security for rigid access control
- Cabinet and cage security options include individual locks and biometric scanners.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system, sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zoned dual-action, interlocking dry-pipe sprinkler system.
- Conveniently located near dozens of hotels, restaurants and other amenities
- Ten minutes from Dulles International Airport and 30 minutes from Ronald Reagan Washington Airport.
New State-of-the-Art Facility
Upon completion, the new facility is expected to:
- Accommodate a shell of approximately 400,000 square feet
- Provide up to 240,000 colo square feet (CSF)
- Offer 36,000 square feet of Class A office space
- Deliver up to 48 megawatts of critical load.
The first phase of construction will include a 132,000-square-foot shell with 60,000 square feet of raised floor space, 16,000 square feet of office space, and 12 MW of critical load.
Massively Modular® Engineering
CyrusOne’s Massively Modular data center engineering is specifically designed to achieve optimal flexibility for even the largest scale deployment and build out.
CyrusOne can build out new data halls in just 12-16 weeks through aggressive sourcing and a just-in-time focus to meet customer demand.
The Massively Modular model frees customers from being confined by time, space, and/or flexibility constraints often found in other data center providers.
The Nation’s First National Internet Exchange
With CyrusOne’s National IX, customers can configure a virtual on-net platform from a multitude of carriers and providers, allowing optimal flexibility and interconnection with anyone at any connected facility and to the cloud.
As part of CyrusOne’s National IX platform, this Phoenix data center provides interconnection to other CyrusOne data centers.
Shop Data Center Space
†CyrusOne and Massively Modular are trademarks registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.