Demand Leads to Expansion
Due to strong demand, CyrusOne is adding a second data center in San Antonio. Located near CyrusOne’s first San Antonio facility, the new site will have up to 196,000 colocation square feet (CSF) and 20,000 sq. ft. of superior Class A office space that can be used by customers.
The platform provides customers with accessibility to high-performance, low-cost data transfer and unites multiple state-of-the-art CyrusOne sites in Texas and beyond.
San Antonio II – Highlights
- 372,000 sq. ft. campus upon two phase completion
- Up to 196,000 sq. ft. of raised white floor across multiple phases
- Planned – SSAE 16 (SOC I type II), PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA
- CyrusOne Facilities are designed to meet TIA-942 requirements for electrical and mechanical.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable; supports 250 wpsf with the ability to support over 1,000 wpsf
- Carrier-neutral, as well as dark-fiber connectivity option
- 100% uptime service level agreement on power
- 24×7 staffed NOCC and remote hands support
- Dedicated cages and private suite options available
- CyrusOne’s second enterprise-rated data center in the city
- Can accommodate up to 36MW of critical capacity
- Configurable to multiple levels of redundancy (e.g. N, 2N) per customer needs
- (2) 53 MVA transformers provide power to the site
- Regulated utility provider – CPS Energy
- 400 kVA dual-input PDUs with static transfer switches
- Scalable 2.25 MW MTU dedicated generators with space for further densification
- 6,000 gallon belly tank for each generator.
- 36-inch raised floor design
- Closed loop chilled water cooling design
- Stultz 200-ton CRAH units with electronically commutated (EC) variable-speed fans
- Trane 500-ton highly efficient chillers with fast restart and adaptive controlled microprocessors
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior
- Security guards on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Man traps, biometric, and key card (color coded) security for rigid access control
- Cabinet and cage security options include individual locks and biometric scanners
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system; sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zonal dual-action interlocking dry-pipe system
- Over 20,000 sq. ft. of Class A office space across two phases
- Fitness center, numerous break rooms, and collaboration areas
- Minutes away from several hotels and restaurants
Conveniently Located in a Data Center Safe Zone
San Antonio is positioned centrally in Texas, away from natural disaster zones, and touts some of the most seismically stable soil in the U.S. The stable power grid makes it an ideal place to locate the high performance computing facilities for which CyrusOne is known. The second San Antonio Data Center is conveniently located in the Westover Hills area, with easy access to major highways, the airport, hotels, and restaurants.
CyrusOne data centers provide military-grade security, robust connectivity, and the highest level of power redundancy and density needed to house mission-critical systems and high-density storage environments for Fortune 1000 customers.
Trusted by Fortune 1000 Companies
Many Fortune 1000 companies look to leverage CyrusOne’s San Antonio data center for their primary production as well as their disaster recovery environments.
The data center is engineered to CyrusOne’s standard fully redundant (2N) power architecture, supporting high density server environments of 250 watts per square foot or more. The facility is fed by redundant power lines and multiple network providers. In addition to being the most advanced data center in the San Antonio area, the facility also offers customers Class A office space to enable their employees to be located in the same facility.
The Nation’s First National Internet Exchange
With CyrusOne’s National IX (Internet Exchange), customers can configure a virtual on-net platform from a multitude of carriers and providers, allowing optimal flexibility and interconnection with anyone at any connected facility and to the cloud.
As part of CyrusOne’s National IX platform, this San Antonio data center provides interconnection to other CyrusOne data centers in Texas and beyond.
Shop Data Center Space
†CyrusOne and Massively Modular are trademarks registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.