Data Center Power is the energy that is needed to operate a data center in a stable and secure environment.
A new and more complete method of specifying data center power density would address the following needs:
- Assuring compatibility with high density IT equipment
- Avoiding waste of electricity, space, or capital expense
- Providing a means to validate IT deployment plans to the design cooling and power capability
Data center power and energy management solutions will allow data center managers, IT administrators and facility managers to be more energy efficient, improve uptime and find stranded power capacity.
Facilities offering Data center power management solutions provide you with the features and functionality to:
- Make informed capacity planning decisions
- Use power resources more efficiently
- Improve uptime
- Reduce capital expenditures and save on operating expenses
- Measure PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) and drive green data center initiatives