Data Center Management refers to the role of individuals who are responsible for overseeing technical and IT issues within a data center. This includes computer and server operations, data entry, data security, data quality control and management of the services and applications used for data processing.
Data center management integrates into other IT systems for complete data synchronization including virtual systems, proprietary systems, and automation. Data center management requires a number of tools, IT policies and strategies to create and maintain a secure and efficient data center.
Data center management services may include:
- Technical assistance and troubleshooting
- Equipment installations and configurations
- Ladder racking, pre-wiring of patch panels and equipment
- Interface card removal, installation and configuration
- Testing media for continuity and proper signaling
- Providing visual verifications to assist in remote troubleshooting
- Inventorying/labeling of equipment
- Power cycling a router, server, switch and soft-booting a server
- Adding, removing or verifying a demarcation
- Moving equipment within your space and cabinets
- Moving or securing a cable