Colocation Services are solutions provided data center client’s that help secure, maintain, and run servers and applications.
For most businesses, building an expensive facility to host your internet infrastructure requires significant capital and personnel. At most, companies are seeking simple and economical ways to deploy their infrastructure. Colocation services help them solve this problem.
Colocation services include:
- Layers of security with biometrics and video surveillance
- Around-the-clock, fully redundant power
- Up to 2N uninterruptible power systems (UPS)
- On-site diesel-powered generators
- High density power handling
- N+1 cooling
- Computer Room Air Conditioners (CRAC) units
- Technology neutral network with access to more than 40 carriers
Typically, providers of colocation services use closed circuit television to monitor the facility and locked cages or cabinets that hold client’s servers. Some facilities offer colocation services that use identification cards and PIN codes to allow access to the building and the equipment within it.