Up to 420,000 Square Foot Facility
Located in Durham, North Carolina, CyrusOne’s Raleigh-Durham I Data Center is a multi-phase development consisting of 420,000 data center square feet. The facility is designed, built and commissioned to meet the most stringent enterprise standards, and benefits from some of the lowest all-in utility rates in the nation, at of $0.04/kWh.
Raleigh-Durham I Data Center is in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, home to numerous high-tech companies, world class universities, research facilities and an educated workforce drawn to the high-tech enterprises of the area. It is located close to Raleigh-Durham International Airport, with easy access to major highways and rail.
- Massively Modular® engineering quickly delivers large-scale data center deployments for hyper-scale at hyper-speed
- Power densities as high as 200 kw per rack enable server environments to scale vertically to efficiently optimize the IT footprint with low, medium, high and ultra-high density solutions tailored at the rack level to match specific application needs
- Dedicated hard-walled suites are tailored to exact specifications, blending the security and autonomy of standalone facilities
- Neutral connectivity service provider platform allows customers to contract freely with connectivity providers.
- Full sales tax exemption on all tenant IT equipment and electricity consumption.
Raleigh-Durham I Data Center – Highlights
- Over 420,000 data center square feet at full build
- 100% uptime service level agreement on power
- 24/7 year-round staffed NOCC and remote hands support
- Tier III+ topology, N+2 redundancy
- Zone X flood zone rating (low risk)
- Zone 1-2 seismic zone rating (low /moderate risk)
- 50 MW capacity in 2N configuration
- 100 KV substation with 230 KV switching from Duke Energy
- Up to200+ W per square foot
- Diverse power delivered by two independent circuits
- Six (6) 2800 kW prime rated (3000 kW standby rated) Caterpillar C-175 generators for N+2 redundancy
- 750 kW UPS modules (Toshiba/Mitsubishi). N+2 ISO-redundant failover topology
- Two remote 20,000 gallon tanks (with min. 48-hour capacity)
- 42-inch raised white floor design
- 24-foot ceiling height from data center floor, utilizing Leibert 60-ton CRAH units with electronically commutated (EC) variable-speed fans
- Highly efficient N+2 redundant Trane chillers with rapid restart and adaptive controlled microprocessors (with ability to scale as density increases)
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior with 90 days digital archiving
- Dual authentication entry into building and data halls; biometric and key card security for rigid access control
- Perimeter fence
- Very early smoke detection apparatus (VESDA) system; sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zone-based dual-action interlocking dry-pipe pre-action system
- Double-interlocking pre-action sprinkler in computer rooms and electrical rooms. Wet pipe in office and storage areas
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport – 14 miles
- Various restaurants and hotels nearby