During this pandemic, CyrusOne has been focused on the safe operation of our mission critical facilities, data center uptime, and the protection of essential data center engineers and technicians that run our facilities. As governments, municipalities, and health officials begin easing restrictions, CyrusOne will maintain the enhanced safety and operational procedures detailed below, and will continue to communicate all changes and updates to our customers. We ask that you continue to adhere to these safety and operational procedures including break/fix work prioritization and social distancing requirements.
What You Can Do:
- Critical & Essential Employees Only: We continue to ask that you only send critical and essential employees to CyrusOne facilities. Only break/fix associated work should take place at this time. We highly encourage you to contact your local authority regarding the designation of essential business and the necessity of employees traveling to work.
- Report Confirmed Cases: If an individual from your organization is diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and is found to have accessed a CyrusOne facility, we ask that you please contact our Global Service Desk to report the situation. Please utilize the GSD’s COVID-19 Hotline for immediate assistance: 469-208-1311
What CyrusOne is Doing:
Enhanced Access Screening Procedures:
- Visitor Screening: Our onsite security team is requiring all individuals attempting to access a facility to answer questions regarding their symptoms and exposure. As conditions warrant, CyrusOne is prepared to increase access restrictions to include only allowing access to CyrusOne designated mission-critical personnel.
- Temperature Screening: Temperature checks have been implemented using no-contact infrared thermometers for all employees, customers, and visitors attempting to enter CyrusOne facilities at the following locations: Norwalk, San Antonio 1, Stamford, Somerset, Totowa, Wappingers Falls, Durham, Aurora, and Chandler. Based on CDC guidelines, individuals measuring a temperature of 100.4°F/38°C or higher will be turned away and not allowed to enter the facilities for 14 days.
- Face Coverings Required: CyrusOne employees, customers, and vendors working within our facilities will be required to wear a face covering under the following conditions:
- Upon Entering the Building: All persons entering the building will be required to wear a face covering
- Within Common Areas: While traversing the site through the lobby, hallways, breakrooms, shipping areas, and restrooms
- Where Social Distancing Cannot Be Maintained: When unable to maintain a distance of 6 feet or greater from others
- In Locations Mandated by the Local Authority: As local jurisdictions update their guidance and requirements, should stricter guidelines be imposed, CyrusOne will require adherence to each locality
- Lobby and Loading Dock Congregation Restrictions: A maximum of 10 people will be permitted in the lobby at any given time. In locations with smaller lobby areas, we may impose tighter restrictions on maximum occupancy if we cannot accommodate a safe distance of 6 feet between persons. Similarly, a maximum of 10 people will be permitted in the loading dock at any given time, with smaller docks accommodating fewer persons.
- Restricted Access to Non-Essential Building Areas: Until further notice, we are restricting all access to conference rooms and fitness centers.
- Breakroom Restrictions: No more than 5 people will be permitted in a breakroom at the same time, and a 6-foot distance between people must be maintained. Please utilize the disinfectant wipes prior to and after using any breakroom appliance. We ask that you do not congregate in the breakrooms. Please utilize the needed amenities and promptly exit the breakroom area.
- Social Distancing: Please avoid gathering in congregations of more than 10 people and ensure you maintain a 6-foot distance between personnel.
- Northeast Zoned Containment Access: We have implemented zoned access containment in the Norwalk, Stamford, Somerset, Totowa, and Wappingers Falls locations. Facility areas are strategically zoned into three major areas: critical facility infrastructure, controlled common area, and office or DR space. Additional security entrances and screening are available to critical CyrusOne staff to further increase isolation and protection of our employees. Customers and vendors should continue to access CyrusOne facilities for break/fix work only. Onsite foot traffic patterns may be altered but free ingress/egress will be maintained. Customer and visitor access continues to be permitted using the enhanced screening procedures.
Onsite Support Services:
- Onsite Audit Requests: We have temporarily suspended support for onsite audits where physical access to a facility is required. We are pleased to continue support of audit questionnaires and will utilize web-enabled audits whenever possible.
- Smart Hands Services: We have recently experienced a marked increase in the volume of Smart Hands support requests. At this time, we remain at normal staffing levels, however, the increase in volume requires us to prioritize break/fix requests over scheduled services. Please refer to the CyrusOne Customer Support Guide for a list of scheduled services. We ask you to please give us at least 3 business days’ notice for scheduled services and keep non-essential requests to a minimum. If all available resources are deployed on break/fix work requests, lower priority tasks may require rescheduling. While we remain focused on maintaining our published service levels, an imbalance between the volume of requests received and staff availability may cause delays in hands on response.
- Northeast Loading Dock Material Disposal: All packages entering CyrusOne facilities in the Norwalk, Stamford, Somerset, Totowa, and Wappingers Falls locations must be unboxed within the loading dock and packaging material disposed of promptly. Packaging material will not be permitted to enter the facility beyond the loading dock.
- Advance Notice for Visitor Escorts: We ask that you provide 48 hours advanced notice for all visitors requiring a CyrusOne provided escort. Please continue to request visitor escorts via the customer portal. Emergency escort requirements must be coordinated through the Global Service Desk.
- Northeast After Hours Shipping & Receiving: Service Delivery will continue to support shipping and receiving in the loading dock from 8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday only. After hours shipping and receiving will be facilitated by the local security team. After hours packages must be delivered to the main building security entrance, and must be capable of being hand carried into the facility to be stored securely. Delivery of large shipments after hours must be coordinated through the Global Service Desk. Packages delivered after hours will be promptly moved to the loading dock by Service Delivery the following morning.
- Safety Protocols: In the event an individual diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19 is found to have been onsite, CyrusOne is prepared to evacuate and sanitize the site. Furthermore, our emergency preparedness checklists are being executed. Our Operations team has validated emergency supply levels and is prepared to implement a Shelter in Place response for CyrusOne designated personnel, if warranted.
- Communications: We are proactively contacting our employees, customers, and suppliers to keep all stakeholders abreast of our preparedness and response initiatives. We have provided a dedicated webpage to display our COVID-19 communication: https://cyrusone.com/covid-19/
- Travel: We have limited unnecessary employee travel and have stopped all international business travel.
- Preventive Measures: Business Line Managers and Operations Management are actively enforcing preventive and appropriate response measures to screen and recognize individuals who are displaying signs of illness.
- Operations Monitoring: CyrusOne Operations teams are enabled with infrastructure management technologies to ensure monitoring continuity from remote locations, and maintains onsite staff required to support our critical facilities.
- Telework Enablement: We have enabled our employees who are not required to be physically onsite to perform their job to maximize teleworking arrangements.
We take this threat seriously, and should you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact our Global Service Desk by phone 469.289.2197 or via email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What specific actions and precautionary measures is CyrusOne taking to address the outbreak of COVID-19?
- Our response team continues to monitor the WHO, CDC, NC4, and local governments for the latest information
- We have provided hygienic awareness training to employees, and have posted hygienic tips in bathrooms, lounges, and other high traffic areas
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed in the facilities at key ingress/egress locations
- We have increased the cleaning frequency of biometric readers to two-hour increments and/or during security rounds, however, there is no substitute for practicing CDC hygienic recommendations
- We have limited unnecessary employee travel and have stopped all international business travel
- Human Resources has reviewed critical resource availability plans, remote work requirements, and personnel job rotation capabilities
- Our emergency preparedness checklists are being executed. Our Operations team has validated emergency supply levels and is prepared to implement a Shelter in Place response for CyrusOne designated personnel, if warranted
- Our Operations team is taking the additional measures:
- Monitoring and providing hygiene supplies in high traffic areas
- Reviewed and is monitoring BCP/ERP plans for critical vendors and suppliers
- Reviewed critical spare parts inventory, manufacturer stock availability, and engaged secondary suppliers
- Postponed preventive maintenance
- Postponed non-essential change windows
- Implemented management shift rotation and isolation
- Top off generator fuel supplies
- Does CyrusOne currently anticipate potential service disruptions impacting your ability to provide services or goods?
Our facility and business operations are robust through the planning and implementation of our BCP and ERPs. We expect ongoing operations with no impact on critical environments, however, potential inconveniences may result from response procedures.
- How will CyrusOne ensure adequate support and availability of your critical suppliers?
We are actively engaged with our critical suppliers and have received and reviewed copies of their BCP/ERPs and continue to monitor their responses accordingly. Our Operations team has reviewed critical spare parts inventory and manufacturer stock availability and engaged secondary suppliers accordingly.
- What is your Business Continuity or Emergency Response Plan?
CyrusOne’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP) functions to ensure that CyrusOne can continue to deliver products and services at acceptable and pre-defined levels following a disruption in order to continually meet our customers’ needs. Through the output of the Business Continuity Plan, CyrusOne can meet all reasonable customer requirements, and is well-positioned to effectively respond and recover should a disruptive event occur. As the spread of COVID-19 continues, the CyrusOne team is ensuring proper preparedness and communication using our BCP Plan. CyrusOne’s Business Continuity Plan is designed to:
- Protect the safety of CyrusOne employees and visitors
- Incorporate and define our Crisis Management Program
- Manage the impacts associated with a disruption to critical operations due to a loss or unavailability of necessary resources (including personnel, technology, facility, and suppliers)
- Reduce business continuity-related risk
- Integrate business continuity and preparedness into the corporate culture
- What standards is your plan measured against?
CyrusOne’s Business Continuity Management System has received the ISO 22301 certification. We also utilize the WHO, CDC, and OSHA’s guidance as it relates to pandemic preparedness and mitigation. Our BCP is tested annually with each functional organization as part of the ISO 22301 compliance process.
- Are you benchmarking your response and precautionary actions with those of your peers in this market or other markets where you operate?
We are actively monitoring the preparedness responses of our peers within the shared markets where we operate to ensure cohesive action. Our BCP defines our specific response procedures for our business.
- Can I review CyrusOne’s Pandemic Response Plan?
The Pandemic Response Plan is confidential and can be reviewed by customers and suppliers if requested and on a case by case basis. Please contact our Global Service Desk via the Customer Portal or via email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a review of this documentation.
- How are you monitoring the wellness of your staff and what is your policy or approach to managing staff who are not physically well, or demonstrating symptoms deemed similar to that of COVID-19?
Business Line Managers and Operations Management are actively enforcing preventive and appropriate response measures to screen and recognize individuals who are displaying signs of illness.
- What alternate workplace arrangements for personnel do you have in place should current work locations be impacted?
We have enabled our employees who are not required to be physically onsite to perform their job to maximize teleworking arrangements.
- Will you restrict access to CyrusOne facilities for customers, employees, or suppliers?
Our Pandemic Response Plan enables facility access restrictions during the “Response” phase. We may restrict access to the facilities based on conditional requirements and on an individual basis in order to reduce the potential threat exposure to customers, employees, and suppliers. We ask that you only send critical and essential employees to the CyrusOne facilities. In order to decrease onsite foot traffic, please utilize our Smart Hands team for onsite assistance. As conditions warrant, CyrusOne is prepared to increase access restrictions to include only allowing access to CyrusOne designated mission-critical personnel
- What method(s) will you use to communicate potential service disruptions to your clients?
Potential service disruptions are communicated through our Global Service Desk team and our customer portal.
- Who should we contact regarding obtaining information or future updates regarding COVID-19?
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact our Global Service Desk at by phone 469.289.2197 or via email email@example.com