Overview: During this pandemic, CyrusOne has been focused on the safety of our customers, operation of our mission critical facilities, data center uptime, and the protection of essential data center engineers and technicians that run our facilities. As governments, municipalities, and health officials continue to update requirements and recommendations, CyrusOne will communicate all changes to our safety and operational procedures as detailed below.
What You Can Do:
- Report Confirmed Cases: If an individual from your organization is diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and is found to have accessed a CyrusOne facility, we ask that you please contact our Global Service Desk to report the situation. Please utilize the GSD’s COVID-19 Hotline for immediate assistance: +1 855-485-2424
What CyrusOne is Doing:
Enhanced Access Screening Procedures:
- Visitor Screening (Europe): Our onsite security team is requiring all individuals attempting to access a facility to answer questions regarding their symptoms, exposure, and travel.
- Temperature Screening (Europe): Temperature checks have been implemented using thermal temperature screening kiosks and no-contact infrared thermometers for employees, customers, and visitors attempting to enter CyrusOne facilities. Based on CDC guidelines, individuals measuring a temperature of 100.4°F/38°C or higher will be turned away and not allowed to enter the facilities for 10 days.
- Mask & Face Coverings Requirements (Europe): CyrusOne employees, customers, and vendors working within all CyrusOne facilities will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth based on our “Masks in Motion” policy detailed below.
- Mask & Face Coverings Requirements (United States): In locations designed by the CDC as having “High” or “Substantial” Levels of Community Transmission, CyrusOne employees, customers, and vendors working within the applicable CyrusOne facilities will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth based on our “Masks in Motion” policy detailed below.
- Masks in Motion Policy: A mask or face covering should be worn:
- Within Common Areas: While entering and traversing the building through the lobby, hallways, breakrooms, conference rooms, shipping areas, and restrooms.
- Where Social Distancing Cannot Be Maintained: When unable to maintain a distance of 6 feet or greater from others.
- In Locations Mandated by the Local Authority: CyrusOne will require adherence to each locality’s laws and regulations.
- Conference Room Availability (Europe): Access to shared conference rooms is limited or modified to accommodate a reduced number of occupants to ensure COVID-19 social distancing requirements can be maintained.
- Lobby and Loading Dock Congregation Restrictions (Europe): A maximum of 5 people will be permitted in the lobby at any given time. In locations with smaller lobby areas, we may impose tighter restrictions on maximum occupancy if we cannot accommodate a safe distance of 6 feet between persons. Similarly, a maximum of 5 people will be permitted in the loading dock at any given time, with smaller docks accommodating fewer persons.
- Breakroom Restrictions (Europe): Breakrooms have been modified to accommodate a reduced number of occupants to ensure COVID-19 social distancing requirements can be maintained. Please utilize the disinfectant wipes prior to and after using any breakroom appliance. We ask that you do not congregate in the breakrooms. Please utilize the needed amenities and promptly exit the breakroom area.
- Social Distancing (Europe): Please avoid gathering in congregations of more than 10 people and ensure you maintain a 6-foot distance between personnel.
Onsite Support Services:
- Onsite Audit Requests: We continue to support audit questionnaires and recommend web-enabled audits whenever possible. Onsite audits must be requested via the Customer Portal to be coordinated by the CyrusOne Compliance Team. All individuals attending an onsite audit must wear a face covering at all times.
- Safety Protocols: CyrusOne will implement enhanced safety and operational procedures as needed, and will continue to communicate all changes and updates to our customers.
- Communications: We are proactively contacting our employees, customers, and suppliers to keep all stakeholders abreast of our preparedness and response initiatives. We have provided a dedicated webpage to display our COVID-19 communication: https://cyrusone.com/covid-19/
- Travel: We have limited unnecessary employee travel
- Preventive Measures: Business Line Managers and Operations Management are actively enforcing preventive and appropriate response measures to screen and recognize individuals who are displaying signs of illness.
- Operations Monitoring: CyrusOne Operations teams are enabled with infrastructure management technologies to ensure monitoring continuity from remote locations, and maintains onsite staff required to support our critical facilities.
- Telework Enablement: We have enabled our employees who are not required to be physically onsite to perform their job to maximize teleworking arrangements.
We take this threat seriously, and should you have questions or concerns, please contact our Global Service Desk:
- US:1-866-297-8766 or 469-289-2197
- UK: +44 (20) 4519 9400
- DE: +49 (69) 5899 6610
- NL: +31 (20) 899 0895
- Email: email@example.com