EcoVadis gives CyrusOne ‘Gold Level’ and 92nd percentile rankings
Right on the heels of releasing our 2021 Sustainability Report, CyrusOne has landed another coveted sustainability designation.
EcoVadis, the world’s largest and most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings, has ranked CyrusOne’s sustainability efforts at the “Gold Level,” which placed us in the 92nd percentile of more than 75,000 rated companies. That means only 8% of companies on the planet perform better than we do when it comes to operating under ESG principles.
EcoVadis is a subscription-based assessment tool that many key customers require CyrusOne to complete. Its methodology includes seven management indicators across 21 sustainability criteria under environment, labor and human rights, ethics, and sustainable procurement based on top standards, such as GRI, UNGG and ISO 26000, and supervision by an international scientific committee. EcoVadis then issues its rankings by assessing an organization’s policies, actions and results, including input from third-party professionals and external stakeholders. Its actionable sustainability scorecards provide detailed insight into environmental, social and ethical risks across 200 purchasing categories and 160 countries.
“The EcoVadis ranking is additional validation that the team’s efforts around ESG matter and that we are clearly a leader in this space,” Myers said. “It’s important that we lead by example, provide transparency to our operations and hold ourselves accountable for our results.”
By doing so, CyrusOne has claimed several recent sustainability wins, including:
- Achieving climate-neutral operations in Europe
- Achieving 100% renewable power at our Dallas headquarters and adding the site to our existing net water positive building portfolio
- Co-founding the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact in 2021, which includes 25 companies and 17 associations with a goal of making European data centers climate-neutral by 2030
- Creating the world’s first (and second, third) net water positive data center campuses in Phoenix-Chandler, Dallas-Carrollton and Dallas-Allen
- Winning the Data Center Sustainable Construction award at the April 25 DataCloud Global Congress in Monaco
- Joining the iMasons Climate Accord
- Winning Environment + Energy Leader’s “Top Project of the Year” in 2021
Achieving the EcoVadis Gold Level ranking is just one milestone along our ongoing sustainability journey, where we have aligned our organizational values with our desired results. We have reinvented ourselves in recent years to ensure we walk the talk, seek more areas for improvement, and remain fully transparent about our operations and impact in the places where we operate.